Download the Free Whitepaper
Survey-Based Usability Testing
With our survey-based usability services, a select focus group from uTest's global community will review your application, complete a detailed survey and provide you with feedback and other analysis. Unlike traditional usability testing - through beta groups and boutique firms - uTest enables its customers to receive professional feedback in days, not weeks, and for a fraction of the typical cost.
When It Makes Sense
Our survey-based usability services are commonly leveraged by companies in the following situations:
- Consumer-facing apps: For companies launching apps for e-commerce, social networking, ad-based or rich media content, uTest can select a focus group that reflects their typical end-user by age, gender, language, location, hobbies, interests, devices and other important criteria.
- B2B software: Companies that seek to analyze click through rates, conversion rates, visit duration and other key metrics discover a tremendous benefit from the feedback of our global testing community. With this service, B2B companies can quickly determine the strengths and weaknesses of their application.
- In-House expertise: Ideal for companies that do have an in-house expert in user experience - but NOT a diverse focus group - this service enables them to select their ideal testing team, submit surveys and analyze the results themselves. A complete, do-it-yourself test cycle to get your app to market faster.
- Limited Budgets: For firms that already know what type of feedback they need, but lack the internal resources to organize an efficient beta group, our survey-based usability service enables them to submit their survey questions directly to members of our testing community - saving them time and money.
- Sanity check: Your application may seem intuitive to your in-house team, but for software companies that need a quick, last-minute sanity check, our survey-based usability services can help them identify major issues prior to launch. And since uTest is an on-demand service, they can pay only for the testing they need.
On usability testing with uTest:
“In less than a week we had picked almost 400 testers and ran complete usability tests with users all over the world. If there’s an easier way to get this done, I’d love to hear it.” - Peter Clegg, Director of PM, Move Networks