uTest Express Launches at CTIA Wireless, Making Mobile App Testing Accessible to Early-Stage Startups and Individual App Developers
Crowdsourced Testing Leader Enables Startups and SMBs to Get Professional Testing and Expert Feedback Before They Launch Their Mobile Apps
Today at CTIA Wireless, uTest announced the launch of uTest Express, a service aimed at giving startups affordable access to the company’s community of professional testers. Since 2008, uTest has leveraged its community of more than 35,000 professional testers to help industry leaders like Microsoft, AOL, Intuit and Groupon launch high-quality web and mobile applications. With uTest Express, the benefits of professional mobile app testing and expert feedback are now available to early-stage startups.
uTest Express service makes it easy for startups—even those with no testing experience—to select the testing plan that best meets their needs, and to create a simple test case which testers will follow. Once the project scope is outlined, uTest handpicks members of its tester community who best match the testing requirements and have the right mobile devices and operating systems. The customer’s mobile application is then tested professionally on real devices across real wireless carriers, providing “in the wild” results unobtainable from testing with emulators, simulators or remote access.
At the conclusion of each real-world testing project, customers receive a list of well-documented bugs, including screenshots and videos with steps to reproduce them. Customers also receive expert feedback from the testers about the application – including app ratings and feedback for interface design, usability, app performance and more.
“The vast majority of mobile applications are being developed by companies with fewer than 50 employees,” said Matt Johnston, Chief Marketing Officer for uTest. “Yet for too long, these companies couldn’t access or afford professional testing services. With the launch of uTest Express, startups can validate the quality of their apps, speed up their app store approval process, and gain visibility into what kind of app store ratings they can expect to receive.”
Key Features of uTest Express
- Cost-Effective: With three testing packages available, uTest Express offers mobile app testing to fit any startup budget;
- Easy-to-Use: A simple interface walks customers through a series of questions to identify their testing needs and facilitate the creation of the testing project;
- Professional Testers: uTest chooses the testers who best match each project from its community of 35,000+ professional testers;
- Real Devices and Carriers: All testing is performed on real devices across real carriers – no emulators, simulators or remote access is involved;
- All Major Mobile Platforms Available: uTest Express is available for all mobile operating systems including iOS, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and Symbian;
- Accessible 24/7: Customers can access their testing projects on-the-go, using uTest’s downloadable app for the iPhone and iPad, or through the traditional browser-based interface.
Pricing and Availability
Starting at only $499 per test cycle, uTest Express offers three tiers of testing: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Total pricing is determined by the test project’s scope—including tester geographical location, number of testers, and specificity of device models or carriers—as well the level of customization required. For Bronze and Silver packages, all testers are from North America. Customers who choose the Gold package can specify geographic testing coverage, as well as which carriers and devices they want covered.
uTest Express is available today to customers worldwide. Interested startups and app developers can find more information at http://express.utest.com.
uTest Expands Executive Team
Additionally, uTest today announced the hiring of Ann Brady as CFO; Fumi Matsumoto as CTO; and the promotion of Matt Johnston to the position of CMO. These moves will position the company to manage through a period of steep growth and to take full advantage of the market opportunities before it. uTest’s growth has been spurred by a $13M C-round of funding, successive years of triple-digit revenue growth, and a blue-chip customer base that includes industry-leaders such as Microsoft, AOL, Intuit and Groupon. Further details on these moves are available at http://www.utest.com/press-releases.