Education & Learning
Students, educators and parents rely on functional, usable, reliable apps for education. From alphabet apps for small children, to resource portals for college students, education and learning apps need to work well, be consistent and meet the needs of students and teachers.
With such a range of learning, developing and testing education applications can be challenging. Testing your app in-the-wild is the best way to make sure it will meet the demands of all users at every level - whether at home, on the campus quad or in a classroom.
Education Industry Challenges
Education apps have a far-reaching audience. There are apps that need to appeal to toddlers, apps designed for college students and adult learners, and everything in between. Despite the wide user base, there are some common challenges education app developers will be familiar with, such as:
- Authenticity: For some apps, it’s vital to verify the user.
- Privacy and Security: When dealing with small children, privacy and security becomes even more important.
- Accessibility: Your app needs to be usable by all learners and 508 compliant.
- Support Peak Load: Whether it’s during class or the rush before finals, your app needs to be able to handle pressure.
- Usability: Usability is particularly important - and particularly hard to gauge - when targeting younger children.
- Device Matrix: The number of device, operating system and version combinations is dizzying. But your app needs to look good and work well on all of them.
Crowdsourced Usability Testing
Children mature at different paces and they develop high expectations of technology as they grow older. In-the-wild usability testing can help you make sure your education app hits the mark and is usable by your target age-range.
How uTest Helps
With a global community of more than 100,000 testers, uTest can provide access to a range of devices, operating systems, networks, locations and user demographics that is impossible to replicate in a lab.
uTest has detailed profiles of our testers and has the ability to recruit for special testing needs, meaning if you need a tester who has worked as a teacher, a tester who’s a college student or a tester with toddlers, we can help you create the perfect testing team to give you the best feedback quickly and easily.
Access to Experts
When dealing with children, privacy and security are even more important. uTest gives you access to Security Experts who specialize in a range of platforms and can check your applications for common and uncommon vulnerabilities.
Be Ready for Launch
If you want to keep your users happy and coming back, you need to ensure a pleasant experience the first time and every time. Moving a portion of your testing out of the lab and into the wild, with real testers using real devices gives your app a better shot of a smooth launch and real world success.